Eumm

Nov 22, 2021
he mainly won cause she's afraid of lighting.
No, he mainly won because he endured Syla's powerful mental strikes. Syla made him forget how to use lightling for a while but he solved it quite easily. I quite believe Indra can defeat Syla by raw physical power because the only effective strike Syla made on Indra exhausted all her power...

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
i mean she was alive for maybe hundreds of years so practice isn't really a problem and and neither is time. and for the second one i have no idea how she could counter that instead of not caring what other people think.
She had the time to pratice but she never did, she avoided for all her life and never tried to make use of that ability, at least it's what looks like. I also don't know how to counter the second though, but i have some ideas:
If we consider how Mc can overcome this effect i see two possibilities
1. Corrupt Mc could learn how to wield the power of authority to command others to resist, Syla couldn't use copied powers along with memory powers but maybe Mc will eventually, corrupt Mc already has Jake abosorbed
2. Pure Mc could empower his bonds with others to either negate the effect or draw the power of his allies as he uses memory, in this case a friendly Jake could lower the effect on the collective mind somewhat.

Reactions: A fleeting presence

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Can someone just give me the save file of the beginning v0.99
This one is from the very end of 0.986, i suggest keeping it intact because 0.99 might have some changes on the bugfix.
edit: is low corruption run by the way, when 1.0 is out we all will probably need to replay the whole thing again, i know i will.

shujuku

Oct 11, 2023
If WW ever confirms that Syla developed a mutation to allow her to resist lightning JUST because she wanted to connect with "Indi" better this will kill me of sweetness overload.
I thought she had a fear of lightning since she was a child and that fear still affects her. E.g if I have a fear of heights and evolve then the moment I get to a "high point" I will automatically become unreasonable and want to get to ground asap.

Eumm

Nov 22, 2021
so just lying and providing no evidence since literally she made multiple effective strikes and he didn't take it off quite easily at all heck it took almost their entire battle for him to remember. and don't forget that again he uses lighting which the guy above you who provided actually good point points out its a weakness that she could've fixed but didn't. and seeing as how our mc HATES lighting so much he didn't even wanna go near a fish that produces barely a shock yeah I'm pretty sure it would be even worse for her seeing as how its slightly easier for us to overcome that fear then it is for her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I thought she had a fear of lightning since she was a child and that fear still affects her. E.g if I have a fear of heights and evolve then the moment I get to a "high point" I will automatically become unreasonable and want to get to ground asap.
Well to summarize:Syla's kind, the silats, seem to have a natural weakness to lightning since always, in her case this natural fear only grew after her "mom and dad" presumably died (who or what they are or what happened to them i can't even especulate).
However it seems like Syla wanted to overcome this fear, and believed that Indra was the key to that, so i wondered if Syla's will to connect with Indra was part of the reason for her mind state to direct her evolution to a resistance to lightning.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
Just wanna know, any difference in this update with a high corruption MC vs a low corruption MC? As far as I recall, in the previous update, if the MC has way too much corruption, he'll just knock out liz/amber compared to his low corruption counterpart. Any differences in this update? (I'm on the high corruption path btw)

Apr 17, 2024
Well to summarize:Syla's kind, the silats, seem to have a natural weakness to lightning since always, in her case this natural fear only grew after her "mom and dad" presumably died (who or what they are or what happened to them i can't even especulate).
This is just a guess, but: I'm going to say that they were her actual mother and father, and that Syla's whole family was corrupted and then killed for it. I'm still going with the "Syla is a seahuman" theory. Just because we have a species name for Syla doesn't mean that she was always a silat. The experiments Tanos was doing on her line up with what Marcus Alderman said about a lab working on curing monsterfication, and we've still got the Vestige of the seahumans calling the MC kin. Plus, Syla describes her fear of lightning being because of the torms enraging the sea and lightning falling all around her, as if she lived on the water.

So where does the "corrupted and then killed for it" part come from? Well, remember that preview image from a little bit ago, of the warrior with electric abilities? I thought that might be one of Indra's spawn, but kibaris pointed out that what look like inhuman features are really just his armor, and he's got webbed hands. So he's probably a seahuman. Meaning the seahumans had a warrior with lightning powers. And if Syla's whole family became monsters, then they would have probably been killed for it. Possibly by the lightning guy. That would certainly reinforce a fear of electricity.

Farhan124

Feb 18, 2020
It's crazy how someone so powerfull even lost, i guess it only proves that Indra is far stronger than anyone could imagine
well she had to be killed one way or the other and you get to see her after her death but I think Indra's trump card will be a pain should we decide to fight him. maybe 4th evolution or what we saw in memories will stop the effect of lightning on us to some extend

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
This is just a guess, but: I'm going to say that they were her actual mother and father, and that Syla's whole family was corrupted and then killed for it. I'm still going with the "Syla is a seahuman" theory. Just because we have a species name for Syla doesn't mean that she was always a silat. The experiments Tanos was doing on her line up with what Marcus Alderman said about a lab working on curing monsterfication, and we've still got the Vestige of the seahumans calling the MC kin. Plus, Syla describes her fear of lightning being because of the torms enraging the sea and lightning falling all around her, as if she lived on the water.

So where does the "corrupted and then killed for it" part come from? Well, remember that preview image from a little bit ago, of the warrior with electric abilities? I thought that might be one of Indra's spawn, but kibaris pointed out that what look like inhuman features are really just his armor, and he's got webbed hands. So he's probably a seahuman. Meaning the seahumans had a warrior with lightning powers. And if Syla's whole family became monsters, then they would have probably been killed for it. Possibly by the lightning guy. That would certainly reinforce a fear of electricity.
You know, at this point i'm not sure why Syla couldn't be at the same time Seahuman, Superhuman and Monster:
She could have been born seahuman, be infected by a monster turning superhuman and then have monsterfied to at the end being cured by Tanos, to the point of having a perfectly ordinary human child.

Apr 17, 2024
You know, at this point i'm not sure why Syla couldn't be at the same time Seahuman, Superhuman and Monster:
She could have been born seahuman, be infected by a monster turning superhuman and then have monsterfied to at the end being cured by Tanos, to the point of having a perfectly ordinary human child.
Agreed, that does seem plausible from what we've seen of her.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Hey wait a minute. Syla said that her body was practically untouched, so Steven could molest it if he wanted. But according to this update, her body is basically ash that crumbles at a touch. What's going on here?
Well, Ella did say that Monsters of certain level of power dont really decay. It could be that her remains held enough ambient energy to partially restore the state of her corpse.

Apr 17, 2024
Hey wait a minute. Syla said that her body was practically untouched, so Steven could molest it if he wanted. But according to this update, her body is basically ash that crumbles at a touch. What's going on here?
I think it's just her being a ditz and not realizing the state of her corpse. She says that her body's still probably warm and juicy, so she's not speaking with certainty.

4.80 star(s) 363 Votes