Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
0.46 is now up. It adds the first bit of content with the countess and Essa post your escape from the Duke. It also allows for Essa as a companion (that is pretty boring right now as she doesn't have any companion dialog, will add that in the future.)

I added a couple of paths out of the current dungeon end as well to see where people really want that to go.

I also added a couple of events to the client sub path, one only triggers if the client is male the other only triggers if the countess escaped.

Hope you enjoy.

-Sara

Clovis148

Mar 23, 2020
Can somebody help with the murder mystery in Melford in the wizard's pet path? I can't find who's Gerrit murderer. None of the options to 'solve the case' seem to actually complete the quest.

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Can somebody help with the murder mystery in Melford in the wizard's pet path? I can't find who's Gerrit murderer. None of the options to 'solve the case' seem to actually complete the quest.
You need to find some evidence. For example, when you try and solve the case for several people the constable will ask about the murder weapon... so you probably need to find the murder weapon. I just tested the path and it seems to work for me so I don't think it's a bug on my end.

bobberson2

Dec 10, 2017
A lot of paths seem to forget that you were wearing a belt, so you're perma genderswapped after you complete your mission

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Alright 0.47 is up. It has added the long requested feature of tracking who you've had sex with and how big a slut you have been. It will only track that from now on. So if you load an old save it won't tell you your past exploits (sorry). It also adds the first day of the King's court path with the countess, which is just the first day of the trip to the capital so far. And it adds the first day of the independent wizard path for the soul that actually managed to find that.

I touched a lot of stuff this time. So hopefully I didn't break anything. Let me know if you spot any bugs.

And as always, enjoy!

-Sara

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm working on the next quest and thought I should finally add companion leveling up. I can see 2 approaches.

1. Have the characters just level up automatically when they get the XP.
2. Have you manage it yourself.

I can see pros and cons each way. For 1, it means I know what skills the other characters have and can help write them in better. It also makes it feel more like you are playing with someone else rather than just another character you control.

But the pro for #2 is that it provides more flexibility for you to play how you want.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Torlock

Urka

May 25, 2017
I'm working on the next quest and thought I should finally add companion leveling up. I can see 2 approaches.

I can see pros and cons each way. For 1, it means I know what skills the other characters have and can help write them in better. It also makes it feel more like you are playing with someone else rather than just another character you control.

But the pro for #2 is that it provides more flexibility for you to play how you want.

Thoughts?
The first option is better, which would pump the skills that the companion uses the most(the swordsman automatically raises the damage from weapons, the tank increases health, etc.), then it will make sense in different companions, because if you have the opportunity to pump, they will become the same without features.

GrimGear

May 27, 2017

Thoughts?
I prefer skill based systems where you exp in skills without character levels and you level up skills as you use them. I always laughed at DnD sessions when you gained a couple of levels slashing through the crowds of enemies and you decided yeah I'm gonna be better at haggling. :ROFLMAO:
Anyway NPCs should level up automatically, dealing with numbers brakes immersion.

• Haha
Reactions: Apostate

tyhmaalamas

Apr 20, 2020
would enjoy having more bdsm/rape events in all paths
also, is it actually possible to enter duke's place as a guard or by announcing you are the duke, or are those just there to be automatic rejections to provide some rejected jobs like the stable hand job that will never get you in the door?

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
also, is it actually possible to enter duke's place as a guard or by announcing you are the duke, or are those just there to be automatic rejections to provide some rejected jobs like the stable hand job that will never get you in the door?
Yup, try playing as a male or disguising yourself as male...

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Did Gary Gygax's rule stop being a thing in recent editions or something?
Which rule are you referring to? Most of Gygax's house rules I've heard of don't really do too much. And his other big rule was basically don't let the rules get in the way of having fun/telling a good story. I'm not familiar with one about skills on leveling up.

Sara04

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
The game is updated to 0.48. This is a pretty big update. It includes a couple of new events, a fairly straight forward (if somewhat purposely easy to get lost in) dungeon crawl, a side quest where your companions actually really make a difference, and the ability for companions to level up when you do.

If you find any bugs on the side quest please let me know what companions you have as that makes a huge difference.

Hope you enjoy!

- Sara

Oct 6, 2019
Which rule are you referring to? Most of Gygax's house rules I've heard of don't really do too much. And his other big rule was basically don't let the rules get in the way of having fun/telling a good story. I'm not familiar with one about skills on leveling up.
The rule was that a character could only advance one level per game.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
There seems to be way more stuff for a female MC than male MC.
Yeah on my playthrough (with a male MC) I ran one job for a client, avoided getting arseraped by said client, and then went to work for a wizard and did a few small quests for them, and that was about it. Presumably other paths would have offered more content but that's often the price to pay for a game with many paths: A lot of width, not that much depth.

That's not meant as a criticism by the way; it just means the game in its current form is probably more interesting to those players who like to do multiple playthroughs picking different options to see what happens, something I've never really had the patience for.

Reactions: Vignum
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes