Kaijuu2

Jun 3, 2019
Control is horrible, couldn't get past the first level because you seem to have a cooldown on your jumps, around 3-5 secs.

In a game where you get chased and have multiple cliffs where you always have to wait until you can jump again that is a giant flaw in the game design. Needs a Patch.

Reactions: swoopie

NightPolicy

Jan 23, 2018
I gave the benefit of the doubt, but come on... that's just the game's unpacked data folder.

If you legit unlocked it, the game save is located here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\scoz\ExplosionGirl

Share that, not 2.8gb of the unpacked files...
Sadly that is just the log, I tested deleting it, but still had my progress. I cant seem to find any other files that would be a save...

RogueTwilight

Jan 1, 2018
If you legit unlocked it, the game save is located here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\scoz\ExplosionGirl
That's not the save location weirdly it stores the operational data not the save data if anyone can figures out where the save data is I'll upload mine.

The games decent bit buggy for a platformer but there's worse out there and the content is well animated shame the game is so short. For the people who are attempting to use the spell and fight don't bother the games designed as run or rape so you need to run ,jump and evade enemies might write a short walkthrough later but I'll do it when Im less tired though shouldn't really need one

Edit: not sure what is causing issue with jumps and other game problems unless there running it on a potato but this machine is basically one and its fine so idk

Last edited:

Juandeagle

Nov 27, 2018
Seems likely that the game is bugged for a lot of people. The controls worked fine for me. Could jump quickly in succession with no problems and beat the game in about 10 minutes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
RogueTwilight

Have you tried going to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ and then doing a search for explosiongirl? Sometimes unity games have their save files saved in one of the other folder in the appdata area.

RogueTwilight

Jan 1, 2018
RogueTwilight

Have you tried going to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\ and then doing a search for explosiongirl? Sometimes unity games have their save files saved in one of the other folder in the appdata area.
Yup the only file in there is a log file which has a log of information about where and what is operating it which doesn't contain save data. Did the same test as NightPolicy and deleted it and it still keeps the save data

rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017
Alrighty, apologies for assuming those log files were storing game save data. Haven't encountered a Unity game that does this in awhile, but it appears the dev dumped the save into the registry. This game isn't worth that much effort to hunt that file down, where to move the file to and explain how not to perma-fuck your computer in the process.

That said, aside from the final level and the final half of that level, wasn't difficult. People might have missed that you need to use the UP arrow to jump and grab ledges, really essential for the final level. The final half of that level is just mindless repetition until you get lucky with low enemy spawn rates. There's some amount of persistence to the game engine even when you reset, so repeating as quick as possible gives you a window where those cabbage fuckers aren't filling the screen.

Reactions: Leksis

RogueTwilight

Jan 1, 2018
Ok found save data its in the registry run this file and should unlock the gallery haven't done this myself before so might change game settings as well so might need to change them back after.

Edit:
Alrighty, apologies for assuming those log files were storing game save data.
Don't worry its a fair assumption it was the first place I looked

Gremory152

Aug 21, 2020
Ok found save data its in the registry run this file and should unlock the gallery haven't done this myself before so might change game settings as well so might need to change them back after.

Edit:

Don't worry its a fair assumption it was the first place I looked
Ty it work

Grey-

Mar 28, 2018
So, being what it is, I'm kinda curious, the game doesn't work for me like for so many others, so, I'm wondering, for the people who where able to make it work, I've tried admin, lauching it via windows 7/8, changing the Drive (because why not). My computer region and all that is set to Japan by the way, so does someone who can lauch the game have done something differently ?

Reactions: Esteban32

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
So, being what it is, I'm kinda curious, the game doesn't work for me like for so many others, so, I'm wondering, for the people who where able to make it work, I've tried admin, lauching it via windows 7/8, changing the Drive (because why not). My computer region and all that is set to Japan by the way, so does someone who can lauch the game have done something differently ?
i tested this on 2 PC+Laptop no problems, did you update your drives?

1.70 star(s) 7 Votes