Dmoll

Aug 12, 2024
I'm noticing all the rave reviews but the previews are kinda scaring me off.
Is every woman here a big tiddy goth or is there variety?
You dont play this game to goon off, because you wont find anything good in that field. It's good only because of it's plot and character's.

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
Id like some some of the people's thoughts on this subject. Should I go back and spare Jake since on one hand he screwed with my mind and my friend and my Mia's mind but in the other he may come in handy later for certain problems and right now I fell like there should be more potential allies alive that are on my side

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Id like some some of the people's thoughts on this subject. Should I go back and spare Jake since on one hand he screwed with my mind and my friend and my Mia's mind but in the other he may come in handy later for certain problems and right now I fell like there should be more potential allies alive that are on my side
I guess it depends on the kind of playthrough you want.
If you want a no/low corruption run i suggest sparing everyone, even if you don't think they are relevant/don't like them, the only exception for that is Bailey since the only way to keep her for now is to absorb her (1 corruption point).
If you want a corruption run i suggest the opposite, get every single person you can absorb, because acording to the eye missing even a single one of them might stop you from reaching you full potential.

Dmoll

Aug 12, 2024
I guess it depends on the kind of playthrough you want.
If you want a no/low corruption run i suggest sparing everyone, even if you don't think they are relevant/don't like them, the only exception for that is Bailey since the only way to keep her for now is to absorb her (1 corruption point).
If you want a corruption run i suggest the opposite, get every single person you can absorb, because acording to the eye missing even a single one of them might stop you from reaching you full potential.
Dont mixed run's also exist?

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Dont mixed run's also exist?
They do actually, a lot of people try to get all corruption points that also increase power while avoiding killing people, that's an idea if you want to have better stats for example.
If you want a mixed run that's a good strategy.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I'm glad to see that the latest version finally helped us clarify what type of shapeshifter Ella is.
We've been debating for years how exactly her powers work when compared to MC.

So it looks like (according to the doll) Ella can gather information just by looking, just like MC can gather information by touch.

I think the implication is that at least in the beginning she was a much stronger shapeshifter than the MC, because her only limit was her imagination. At least when it comes to combat. But she doesn't have mind reading or knowledge copying powers.

I also think that she probably doesn't have the same weakness to electricity as MC, because unlike MC, she shouldn't have a problem visualizing completely inorganic substances that will be completely non-conductive.

But whose power are better?

MC definitely has abilities that have more uses overall, but in terms of combat, Ella should probably be stronger, especially if her visualization limits are very high. I'm just guessing in this case, but I think Ella should be able to a certain level mimic some monster abilities as well. For example, MC can create blade made of ultra-strong monster metal, but he cannot imitate the power that originaly flowed in the blade and made it even stronger. Ella's visualization could probably read the energy of that blade and mimic it at practically full power. She must also be extremely dangerous in long fights, because the more she sees your abilities in action, the better she will understand how they work on a fundamental level and will be able to visualize more effective defenses.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I'm glad to see that the latest version finally helped us clarify what type of shapeshifter Ella is.
We've been debating for years how exactly her powers work when compared to MC.

So it looks like (according to the doll) Ella can gather information just by looking, just like MC can gather information by touch.

I think the implication is that at least in the beginning she was a much stronger shapeshifter than the MC, because her only limit was her imagination. At least when it comes to combat. But she doesn't have mind reading or knowledge copying powers.

I also think that she probably doesn't have the same weakness to electricity as MC, because unlike MC, she shouldn't have a problem visualizing completely inorganic substances that will be completely non-conductive.

But whose power are better?

MC definitely has abilities that have more uses overall, but in terms of combat, Ella should probably be stronger, especially if her visualization limits are very high. I'm just guessing in this case, but I think Ella should be able to a certain level mimic some monster abilities as well. For example, MC can create blade made of ultra-strong monster metal, but he cannot imitate the power that originaly flowed in the blade and made it even stronger. Ella's visualization could probably read the energy of that blade and mimic it at practically full power. She must also be extremely dangerous in long fights, because the more she sees your abilities in action, the better she will understand how they work on a fundamental level and will be able to visualize more effective defenses.
I don't think Mc's problem with eletricity has something to do with the material he is made of, actually i think it has to do with how the energy interacts with his inner monster energy, i have the impression that eletricity powers his abilities whitout control expanding his flesh, so changing himself to rubber for example wouldn't help.
Now for Ella being able to read the energy on others, maybe even if she can do that i don't think she can replicate the energy itself, after all even on her lvl 5 she never used any ability other than shapeshifting.
Different from Syla for example who used powers of space (Aos) and truth (Eishet)

My guess is that the understanding and use of different kinds of monster energy is related to the use of memory, not body, so Mc would have the advantage on that.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I don't think Mc's problem with eletricity has something to do with the material he is made of, actually i think it has to do with how the energy interacts with his inner monster energy, i have the impression that eletricity powers his abilities whitout control expanding his flesh, so changing himself to rubber for example wouldn't help.
I agree with that, but logically, if the energy can't get into his body, then it can't hurt him.

I'm not talking about something like a rubber body here, but a protective layer on the surface of the body, made from a material that would COMPLETELY ignore electrical energy. From what we've seen in the game so far, his problem with electricity is that it prevents him from changing form and reverts him back to his black slime form. The key is to create a layer that simply doesn't allow electricity to get in so it can't cause a chain reaction. But for the MC, such a thing is highly difficult, since all his transformations have a biological basis.

My guess is that the understanding and use of different kinds of monster energy is related to the use of memory, not body, so Mc would have the advantage on that.
Energy is simply energy.

In the case of monsters, how you shape it depends on your body, innate talents and skills.
MC can mimic a faucet, but cannot mimic the type of water that will flow from it.
I think Ella should fundamentally have a much better understanding of that energy (if nothing else).
Like I said, this is just my guess, but if anyone could mimic some of the powers, Ella is best suited to do so.

However, I am only talking about purely physical passive abilities.

I certainly don't expect her to be able to copy things like teleportation, mind reading, or throwing fireballs.
Also, I think the energy that monsters use to enhance their weapons, skin, strength, and speed is just some kind of universal energy that doesn't require a specific focus. It should definitely be the easiest power to imitate.

4.80 star(s) 363 Votes