Mar 5, 2018
So, if I want to play everything the game has to offer, it's 0.153?
Yep, you'll have to stick with .153 unless you want to fork over money. Sounds like there isn't going to be any more public releases, you'd have to wait for someone to share a modern build :/.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
You cant just check changelog? Dont you?
If you could read you would realize 0.157 isn't even in the changelog cuz its not even released on this site lol

I haven't downloaded 0.154 since it saying demo release makes me assume its not a full game and just the prologue, and I'm not sure if the changes they mentioned refers to their periodic update posts or the demo content itself.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!

Hey guys, just checking in to let you know how progress is going, it's been a while since our last post so, there's a little bit to catch up on!
First and foremost, as usual, If you haven't already, please wishlist Parasite Black over on steam! Every wishlist helps!
Link to the steam page here:

First things first, gameplay improvements and coding:
We're currently working on implementing the final missing skill trees and such for characters, the Parasite forms now have their own branching skill trees, so when you transform into your Parasite form, it should feel much stronger.

We're also continuing to make numerous quality of life improvements, like trying to reduce the lag in combat and some much needed rewriting of older code.

Furthermore, we plan to bring back mouth and facial movements once more, something we largely had to abandon for a while due to more pressing issues.

We're looking at all aspects in the build up to the steam release, including more SFX sounds, tracks and other things, in the hopes we can get as high quality a release a possible.

Art and the update:

The progress on the next update is going well, we're just waiting on the final art pieces for Mika, and we should be fully ready to begin implementing.

Once again, we're continuing to not just add characters, but revamp old as well as improve upon some of our newer models that maybe could look a bit better.

We're confident with the pace we're going, of course, there's still plenty of work to be done as usual though!

(Some art from the upcoming update - Bottom image is WIP)

The plan + release date for the update?
It's always hard to predict these things, but at the current pace, we should have it out in a month, (approx - don't jinx it!) Of course, our priority is finishing in the mages of Palam stuff asap as well as other essential finishing touches, then, it's onto wrapping up Act 1 and giving Regina some content, but, I can't say much more than that for now!

That's all for now,
As always,
thank you to everyone who supports us,
your generous support helps keep the lights on around here,
and without you guys, none of this would be possible!
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

... Oh, I almost forgot...

"pigtails were meant for grabbing" - Sun Tzu​

RetroGuy

Nov 26, 2022
Will the new versions appear at this site at some moment? I believe the most recent version is 0.157 and here we have 0.154.

Or it is now available only to backers at Steam and Patreon?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
lostraven What is the planned price tag for the game on Steam?
$18 dollars. I.e, under steam TOS we can't sell the game at a lower rate elsewhere (Or I think higher either). The price for the 'latest' build is the price, so to speak.

So, hypothetically, if the game was sold on steam for 18 USD (our aristocrat tier) but as it moved through the patreon/subscribestar tiers, was purchasable for 9 (inquisitor tier) at the same time. Steam could pull the game.

Reactions: 0pis

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
$18 dollars. I.e, under steam TOS we can't sell the game at a lower rate elsewhere (Or I think higher either). The price for the 'latest' build is the price, so to speak.

So, hypothetically, if the game was sold on steam for 18 USD (our aristocrat tier) but as it moved through the patreon/subscribestar tiers, was purchasable for 9 (inquisitor tier) at the same time. Steam could pull the game.
I see thank you for the clarification.

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Ye, I just tested after deleting all renpy/game saves. And it doesn't work for me anymore either. No idea how i got it to work in the first place oO
Anyway i tinkered some more, here's the second attempt, now I've tested it after deleting everything, and it seems to work.
Try it again. As before just put it in the ParasiteBlack\game folder
What I tested specifically was starting from Act 1, not from the beginning, I don't think it should matter, but history would suggest I don't quite get renpy...
Oh, and maybe delete the old file if you still have it in your game folder
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, they're both fresh downloads.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes